Close

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima
Risultati da 1 a 10 di 16

Problemi di collegamento internet [Risolto]

Da un paio di giorni quando accendo il Mac succede una stana cosa:
    il collegamento automatico a internet sembra andare normalmente (dico sembra perche' apparentemente tutto appare come funzionante: il modem adsl lampeggia nella solita maniera, connessione internet dice che sono collegato), ma nessuna applicazione rileva la connessione (safari, mail, ecc.).
    Le prime volte e' bastato spegnere il modem, riavviare il Mac e tutto e' tornato a funzionare, ma stasera la procedura e' stata molto piu' lunga e mi e' toccato riavviare almeno 6 volte prima di riuscire a collegarmi.
    Riparazione permessi fatta, cestinato preferenze internetconfig, vari giretti su utility network... mah!
    La mia configurazione e' iMac G5 1,8G, 1G ram, contratto adsl flat con libero, modem Alcatel SpeedTouch.

Consigli? Diagnosi? Cure?

Portento di Mac Peer
    è la stessa cosa che succede a volte anche a me da un paio di mesi, ancora con Panther... quindi non credo sia un problem di system ma forse di linea... ce l'hai con Telecom??
    "
    This is who I am
    You can like it or not
    You can love me or leave me
    'Cause I'm never gonna stop
    "

un Amico di Mac Peer L'avatar di flashcream
    dimmi dimmi... questi problemi accadono dopo l'aggiornamento java (la release 2)

se si leggi questo e prova in prima istanza a cancellare la cache del processo lookupd con questo semplice comando da terminale (non serve pass): lookupd -flushcache (e premi invio)

poi eventualmente passa alla seconda opzione: chiudere e riaprire lookupd con sudo kill sempre da terminale (analogamente è possibile invece installare un daemon che si preoccupa di farlo ripartire quando stalla: http://www.dshadow.com/software/unlockupd/ )

infine cambiare i tempi di timeout sempre del processo lookupd (con terminale e comando sudo sh)

ma proprio per ultimoooooo: dato che non è possibile tornare indietro con java (in realtà è possibile ma con discreta fatica) reintsllare tiger, aggiornare col combo e fermarsi alla release 1 di java 1.4.1

chiedi pure se hai dubbi.... qualche imput te l'ho dato e sotto vedi il testo originale di macfixit.com

.................................................. ...............

Over the past several days we have been covering an issue where users experience a stall in Safari or other Web browsers when accessing certain Web sites that usually leads to a complete system freeze accompanied by the unending "spinning beach ball" progress indicator.

The typical chain of events is as follows:

Web pages suddenly stop loading - sometimes halfway through a page
    Applications (apparently all of them) then refuse to launch, first bouncing in the dock for up to a minute and then simply having a stationary, inactive icon in the dock
    After that, the system becomes completely unresponsive; switching between open applications works, but finder functions are unavailable (the dock doesn't work, menus are inaccessible, force quit key command does not respond).
    Eventually, I am left with a spinning cursor and must shut down the machine using the power button.
    We've attributed this issue to Apple's recently released Java Update 1.3.1 and 1.4.2 release 2, and it certainly seems that this release has caused an increase in prevalence of this issue. However, the root cause appears to be a long-standing bug in the Mac OS X lookupd process. As such, the problem is also appearing on systems that have not yet received this update.

It seems that the reason why this issue has increased in frequency since the Java update is an increase in, or change to the networking routines that are routed through lookupd. In other words, though there is a potential for this bug to manifest on systems without the update, the changes made by the update seem to make some systems more susceptible.

That being said, we've identified several fixes for this issue -- many published yesterday under the Java 1.3.1 and 1.4.2 release 2 heading. Since the cause of the problem may be varied, it's best to take a "shotgun"-type approach, trying one workaround after another then checking for persistence of the issue -- which unfortunately, in most cases, requires several minutes or hours of routine Web browsing until the crash re-occurs.

Fixes/Workarounds
    Interrupt your network (disconnect cables, turn off AirPort) The quick and dirty workaround for this issue involves power cycling your network adapter (router, Cable/DSL modem, etc.) or disconnecting an active Ethernet cable.

Doing so will temporarily free up lookupd from active network processes and allow normal system operation to resume. After doing this the first time this issue develops, move onto the following workarounds.

Restart lookupd The following Terminal command will cause lookupd to automatically restart, usually ceasing the unresponsive system state. However, this requires that the freeze has not progressed to the point where you can no longer access the Terminal. The command is as follows (note that the lookupd process has to be active for this command to work):

sudo kill -HUP `cat /var/run/lookupd.pid`
    As noted by MacFixIt reader Brent Gulanowski:

"(After entering this command) lookupd will be restarted immediately (by launchd on Tiger), at which point it will re-read its configuration files etc. Also anything stalling on waiting for lookupd to return should then return immediately."

Killing the "crashdump" process Failing the above workaround, you may have success using the following process if you can still open the Terminal:

Use ps -ax to get a list of currently running processes
    Look for the "crashdump" process and note its PID (process ID, the first number in its listing)
    Enter the command kill PID where PID is replaced by the process ID for crashdump.
    Another Terminal workaround Another Terminal-based workaround, previously published on MacFixIt for a similar issue, has proven successful in this case. It involves setting a higher timeout for the lookupd process. Open the Terminal, and enter the following commands, pressing return after each one.

sudo mkdir /etc/lookupd
    sudo sh -c "echo TimeToLive 300 > /etc/lookupd/hosts"
    sudo sh -c "echo ValidateCache NO >> /etc/lookupd/hosts"
    After entering these commands, restart your Mac and power cycle any network adapters (Cable/DSL modems), AirPort base stations, other routers, etc.

Delete the lookupd cache Apparently, the lookupd process and associated files can become corrupt when applying incremental Mac OS X updates, or other modifications. The Terminal command:

lookupd -flushcache
    flashes the lookupd installation and can resolve these issues in some cases.

Use unlockupd You may also want to try using the utility Unlockupd, which periodically checks lookupd's status and forces it to restart should it fail.

Turn off Java Some users have reported that simply turning off Java in Safari or your chosen browser resolves this issue, though this obviously does not represent a long-term fix.

In Safari this can be accomplished by opening the application's preferences, clicking the "Security" tab, then unchecking the "Enable Java" option.

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da peciot
    è la stessa cosa che succede a volte anche a me da un paio di mesi, ancora con Panther... quindi non credo sia un problem di system ma forse di linea... ce l'hai con Telecom??
    Si, la linea e' Telecom e il system Tiger 10.4.2.
    Boh?

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da flashcream
    dimmi dimmi... questi problemi accadono dopo l'aggiornamento java (la release 2)

Mah... in realta' non mi pare di aver fatto nessun aggiornamento Java. Ma si fa da Aggiornamento Software? Non mi ricordo nessun aggiornamento del genere negli ultimi giorni.

Portento di Mac Peer
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da TonyMakkiozza
    Si, la linea e' Telecom e il system Tiger 10.4.2.
    Boh?

mmh... appena ho un attimo di tempo proverò a fare come spiega Flash, ma mi sembra alquanto strano in quanto, installando tiger da panther formattando il volume, il problema persisteva... io pensavo fosse il router del c@zz° della telecom che mi hanno cambiato
    "
    This is who I am
    You can like it or not
    You can love me or leave me
    'Cause I'm never gonna stop
    "

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da TonyMakkiozza
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da flashcream

Mah... in realta' non mi pare di aver fatto nessun aggiornamento Java. Ma si fa da Aggiornamento Software? Non mi ricordo nessun aggiornamento del genere negli ultimi giorni.
    si
    ora vai in terminale e scrivi: java -version (invio)
    posta il msg cosi capisco

Scusa Flash, mi rispondo da solo perche' ho controllato la lista degli aggiornamenti fatti ed effettivamente ho aggiornato il 15 settembre. Quindi direi che le cose coincidono abbastanza come tempi.

Provero' dunque la procedura da terminale. Vediamo che succede.

Ah, siccome il terminale e' per me "questo sconosciuto" se dovessi avere bisogno non ti allontanare...

mmh... appena ho un attimo di tempo proverò a fare...
    si penso che la tua sia altra storia... dato che nasce in tempi non sospetti

OK. Procedura da terminale completata (solo il primo passo).
    Ora pero' per capire se funge dovro' aspettare domani?
    Anzi, riavvio e vi so dire.
    Grazie.